Which Beliefs are Holding You Back?













by

Beliefs are just thoughts that we have repeated over time and which have become hard-wired into our subconscious minds. Some of these beliefs will be nurturing, while others will hinder those positive changes we wish to make in our lives. But figuring out which beliefs are causing problems can be difficult.

One good way to determine negative beliefs is to try affirming an opposite belief. Go through the list of positive concepts below, saying each of the sample affirmations for each one. As you do, pay close attention to how each affirmation makes you feel. If this is a belief that your subconscious mind accepts as true, you will feel comfortable saying the affirmation. But if it makes you feel anxious or uncomfortable, it is usually a good sign that a negative belief is present.

For each of the following belief concepts, I have included three typical affirmations which could be used to reprogram the subconscious mind. For an extensive list of affirmations, simply click on the belief title.


ABUNDANCE
All my needs are being met every day.
I welcome abundance into all areas of my life.
The unlimited abundance of the universe flows into my life every day.

ACCEPTANCE
I accept 100% responsibility for everything in my life.
I accept others as they are, without trying to change them.
I am totally at peace with my past.

ACTION
Every day I take positive action towards my goals.
I love the feeling of crossing another job off my to-do list.
When something needs to be done, I act immediately.

AFFIRMING
I empower myself daily with positive words and phrases.

I keep my mental self-talk positive and empowering.
I love reviewing my affirmations every morning and night.

ATTITUDE
I’m on top of the world and the view is awesome!
Life is a great adventure and I am enjoying every minute.
My positive attitude is impregnable - all negative energy just bounces off me. 

AWARENESS
Every day I become more aware of the world around me.
I am focused in the present at all times.
I stop regularly throughout my day to savour the beauty of the moment. 

BALANCE
All areas of my life are harmonious and balanced.
I effortlessly balance my work and home life.
My day is a perfect balance of reflection, recreation, and resolute purpose.

BEAUTY
Every morning when I look in the mirror, I see a younger, more attractive me.
I look and feel forever young, ageless, and vibrant.
When I walk into the room, everyone is drawn by my natural beauty.

BELIEF
Every day I examine my past beliefs and release those that no longer serve me.

I easily eliminate disempowering beliefs from my life.
My life unfolds according to my thoughts and beliefs.

BUSINESS
Each day I discover new ways to improve and grow my business.
I know what people want and I give then that plus more.
My business is constantly growing and prospering.

I allow all negative emotions to quickly and quietly evaporate.
I am calm and composed at all times.
I handle life’s issues with a relaxed mind and body.

CAREER
I am actively seeking the perfect career for my aptitudes and talents.
I am totally confident that the perfect job for me is just around the corner.
New career opportunities constantly appear in my life.

CHANGE
Every day I stretch my comfort zone by doing one thing different.
I adapt easily to the changes in my life.
I enjoy trying new ways of doing things.

COMMITMENT
Every day, without fail, I move closer to my goals.
I am completely dedicated to doing everything it takes to reach my highest potential.
I honor all my intentions by acting on them daily.

COMMUNICATION
I always look into the eyes of the person I am talking to.
I am a patient and attentive listener.
I feel relaxed and confident when talking to a group.

COMPASSION
 Everyone in the world, myself included, is deserving of compassion and understanding.
I am genuinely interested in other people’s lives.
I have faith in the innate goodness of people. 

CONFIDENCE
I am confident in my abilities and know I can handle anything that comes my way.

I feel totally at ease in every situation because I know that I am in control.
My positive self-esteem makes me confident in all that I do.

COURAGE
I constantly strive to move beyond my fears.

I easily access my inner courage whenever it is required.
I totally trust in my ability to face all of life’s challenges.

CREATIVITY
Brilliant ideas come to me all the time.
I am a naturally creative and talented individual.
I love having an outlet for my artistic abilities. 

DETERMINATION
Every challenge I face fires my inner resolve.
I diligently persist until my goals become reality.
My determination to succeed is relentless.

EMOTION
I acknowledge all my emotions, but only hold on to those which elevate my being.

I am in complete control of my reactions to life.
I easily change negative feelings into positive ones.
  
ENERGY
Boundless energy infuses my body and soul.
I am active, fit and full of vitality.
I have all of the vitality and energy I need to live each day to its fullest potential.

ENTHUSIASM
Each new day I am eager and excited to begin my work.
I always go the extra mile.
I am incredibly excited about the plans I am making for my future.

FAMILY
I always keep my promises to my children.
I am so very grateful for my wonderful family.
I help my parents whenever I can. 

FEARLESS
I always act in spite of any fears I may have.
I control my fears by facing each one head on.
I put my fears into proper perspective and then continue with confidence.  

FITNESS
I always find the time to exercise.
I am delighted with the shape and tone of my body.
Physical fitness is an important part of my daily routine.

FOCUS
I am always focused on what I am doing.
I easily dispel scattered thoughts and return my focus to the present moment.
I only focus my energy on the things that are important.

FREEDOM
Every day I become more spontaneous and playful.
I always have the freedom to choose.
I am living the life of my dreams.

FRIENDSHIP
Everyone I meet today is warm and friendly.
I attract wonderful, positive people into my life.
I regularly tell my friends how much I love and appreciate them. 

GOALS
Every day I make amazing progress towards achieving my goals.
I habitually commit all my goals to writing.
My daily routine totally supports my goals.

GOOD FORTUNE
I am always in the right place at the right time.
I am incredibly lucky.
I expect great things to happen every day of my life.

GRATITUDE
I am deeply grateful for each experience life brings me.
I am filled with immense gratitude for all that I have in my life.
I count my many blessings each and every day. 

HABITS
All my habits are positive and beneficial.

I am always adding positive new rituals to my daily routine.
I am stronger than any addiction.

HAPPINESS
Every day I discover new things that bring me joy.
I am happier today than I every have been in my life.
I choose to be cheerful regardless of any other circumstances that arise. 

All viruses I encounter are instantly nullified by my amazing immune system.
I accept that every cell in my body knows how to heal itself.
I know all disease is curable through positive thought and belief.

HEALTH & WELL-BEING
Every cell in my body exudes health and vitality.
Every day my body is filled with incredible energy and vitality.
My well-being is supported by a healthy life style.

HEALTHY BODY
All the cells, organs, bones, and muscles of my body are working perfectly.
I cherish and support my wonderful body in every way possible.
I treat my body with the respect it deserves.

HEALTHY EATING
I am effortlessly maintaining my perfect body weight.
I effortlessly remove fat from my body by eating only fat-free foods.
I only fuel my body with nutritious, health-promoting foods.

Each day I de-clutter one more area of my life.
I have a beautiful and serene home.
My environment encourages my goals in every way.

IMAGE
I always ensure that I look my best.
I have a comfortable and flattering wardrobe.
I make a remarkable first impression with people.

INSPIRATION
Every day my inner voice becomes louder and clearer.
Great inspiration comes to me on a daily basis.
I always let my heart and intuition guide me. 

INTEGRITY
I accept total responsibility for my actions.
I am completely dependable – my word is law.
I am open and honest with everyone I meet. 

KNOWLEDGE
Every day I am mastering new skills.
I am extremely intelligent and well-read in my field.
I feed my mind with new ideas and understanding daily. 

I accept this present moment as my own creation.
I am the creator of my own life experience.
I focus my attention on what I want, and the Law of Attraction brings more of this into my life.

LEARNING
I am an A student because I am totally focused on learning.
I am totally centered and focused during tests and exams.
I enjoy revision and make it a weekly habit.

LOVE
Every day I send healing love out into the world.
I give love freely and easily.
My life is filled with loving, caring people.

All relationships in my life are harmonious and empowering.
I am making room in my life for my perfect other half.
My life is filled with passion and romance.

Every day my marriage grows more passionate and enduring.
I demonstrate my love for my spouse every day.
My partner and I communicate incredibly well.

MEDITATION
Every day I take time to listen to the quiet voice within me.

I feed my soul daily by through the practice of quiet meditation. 
I meditate daily to reacquaint myself with my true being. 

MEMORY
I easily remember anything that is important to me.

I find it incredibly easy to remember people’s names.
I trust my memory to provide me with any details I need to recall.

MINDFULNESS
Every moment in my life is special.
I give each moment of my life my fullest attention. 
I see life as the greatest adventure, and NOW as the only time that counts. 

MONEY
Every month, without fail, I put money into savings.
I am an excellent money manager.
Money is always circulating freely in my life.

Before I begin my day, I visualize all the fantastic things that it will bring.
Every morning I jump out of bed and greet the day with positive expectancy.
I start every day with empowering affirmations.

MOTIVATION
I always know what needs to be done, and get to doing it right away.
I am aware of and use all of my motivational buttons.
I easily motivate myself to keep on track.

OPPORTUNITY
I explore all positive opportunities that enter my life.

I make the most of every opportunity that comes my way.
I see the hidden potential in every experience I have.

OPTIMISM
Each day I feel more positive about myself and my future.
I always expect the best.
I always look on the bright side of things.

PATIENCE
I am patient and understanding with others.
I am patient with myself when I get stuck. 
I possess profound patience in all circumstances.

PERSONALITY
I am myself no matter what company I keep.
My out-going personality draws others towards me.
People are naturally attracted to me.

PERSPECTIVE
I always give people the benefit of the doubt.
I maintain an objective viewpoint in all situations.
I see the gift in every experience.

PLANNING
I am productive at all times throughout the day.
I create a prioritized to-do list every morning.
I have a written plan for achieving my goals.

POSITIVE THINKING
All of my thoughts are positive and constructive.
I always ensure that my self-talk is supportive and inspiring.
I automatically focus on the positive in all situations.

POTENTIAL
Every day I look for exciting new challenges to expand my being.
I am totally motivated to become the best that I can be.
There are no limits to what I can achieve in my life.

PRIORITIES
At this moment, I am working on my number one priority.
I always know where and how to direct my energies.
I remain focused on my priorities throughout the day. 

PROACTIVE
Every week I review my goals and adjust my action plan accordingly.
I begin every task by thinking of better ways to accomplish it.
I plan and prepare for all possibilities. 

PROBLEMS
I face challenges with a sense of adventure.
I focus my attention on the answer, not on the problem.
I transform problems into unique opportunities for growth.

I am making steady progress towards my dreams.
I celebrate all accomplishments, both great and small, with equal joy.
I shower my being with positive words of encouragement.

PURPOSE
Every day I understand my purpose with greater clarity.
I awake each morning confident in knowing why I am on this planet.
I make a positive difference in the lives of others.

RELEASING
I allow only good memories to inhabit the present.
I eagerly release all hurt, anger and resentment from my life.
I willingly let go of everyone and everything that is holding me back.

RESOURCES
All that I require in life is constantly coming towards me.

I have all the resources I need to create unlimited wealth and abundance in my life. 
I receive unexpected help and resources every day. 

Every day I discover more of what makes me exceptional.
I accept that whatever happens to me is of my own creating.
I am responsible for how I react in every situation.

SELF-DISCIPLINE & WILLPOWER
I am above all temptations.
I am in charge of my behaviors and actions.
I have the willpower and perseverance to overcome all obstacles.

SELF-ESTEEM
I am as important and valid as anyone else.
I am proud of who I am.
I love who I see in the mirror.

SELF-IMPROVEMENT
Every day I make new improvements in my life.

I am committed to being the best person I can be. 
I dedicate one hour every day for self-improvement. 

I am able to fall asleep in minutes.
I always get a good night’s sleep and wake up refreshed every morning.
I make sure that I get as much sleep as my body needs.

I am finally free from the burden of smoking.
I am so much happier being a non-smoker. 
I only spend my money on positive, life-sustaining habits.

SPIRITUAL
I am filled with the divine love of the universal spirit.
I feel a profound connectedness to all things.
There is one infinite power in the universe, and I have total access to it at all times.

SUCCESS
Everything I do is productive and successful.
I expect successful results in all that I do.
I surround myself with encouraging, successful people. 

Every day I do more things in less time.
I easily resist the temptation to work on low priority tasks.
I have plenty of time to do the things I want to do.

All my thoughts and words support my true values.
I am free to choose those values which are most important to me. 
I re-examine my life values every year and make changes whenever required.

VISUALIZATION
Every day I create mental pictures of all the good I desire in my life.
I faithfully visualize my goals each and every day.
I visualize myself as exactly the person I want to be.

WEALTH
Every day I practice the feeling of financial freedom.
I am increasing my financial independence every day.
I live in a universe of overflowing and infinite abundance for all who desire it.

WORK
I always deliver beyond the expected.
I am always looking for ways to increase my productivity.
I am recognized as an expert in my field.

YOUTHFULNESS
Every day I am more youthful and full of life than the day before.

I have reversed the aging process through my positive beliefs and actions. 
My positive mental attitude makes me look years younger than I am.
 
 

Follow

Affirm Your Life on Twitter
Affirm Your Life on Facebook
Affirm Your Life on Pinterest
Affirm Your Life on Google+
Affirm Your Life on Tumblr

About Me