140 Ways to Improve Your Affirmations

Affirmation Starters







by

The problem with "I am" affirmations

Many people create affirmations that start with "I am", followed by a new physical, mental, or behavioral ideal they wish to obtain. The problem with "I am" affirmations is that they are definitive. They represent the ultimate goal. In reality, however, our habitual thoughts and actions may be a long way from this ideal.

Is your subconscious mind getting in the way?

Your subconscious mind doesn't like big changes. It prefers to stick with its
existing program. So if the gap between where you are and where you want to be
is a sizable one, your subconscious mind is going to get in the way ... making
it very difficult for you to reach your goals.

You can overcome this problem by affirming in gradual increments. Start from where you
are and affirm the next logical step. By affirming smaller goals, your
subconscious mind will be more willing to accept them, and more likely to help
you move towards their attainment.

A Simple Example ...

Instead of saying, "I am fit and healthy" (when truthfully you know you have a
long way to go), give the following a try:

Every day I discover ... new enjoyable ways to exercise.
I am willing to do whatever it takes to ... attain my ideal weight.
I am transforming my life by ... choosing healthy, nutritional foods. 
It feels fantastic to ... have so much more energy now that I'm exercising every day.
I am now ready, willing and able to ... take full responsibility for my well-being.

Reword your affirmations so they work for you!

Choose your most important goals and try prefacing them with some of the Affirmation Starters listed below. You may be surprised to discover that they can be much more powerful than "I am" affirmations. Because they are nearer the truth, you not only gain support from your subconscious mind, but you will be more inspired and motivated to take positive action.


Affirmation Starters

Moving past negative beliefs:
1.           I now accept that...
2.           I see the benefits of...
3.           I believe that...
4.           I am learning to be more...
5.           I am open to receiving more...
6.           I am in the process of...
7.           I am working towards...

To increase your desire for positive change:
8.           Today I empower my life by...
9.           Every day I discover new ways to...
10.       I am ready to...
11.       Every day I practice being more...
12.       Today I am learning to be...
13.       I am making room in my life for...
14.       Today I am transforming my life by...

To remind you to visualize your goal:
15.       I can happily picture myself...
16.       I easily imagine myself...
17.       I have a clear mental picture of...
18.       I can clearly see...
19.       I can easily envision...
20.       I have a clear vision of...
21.       Today I spend 20 minutes visualizing...

To remind you to affirm with emotion:
22.       I feel so empowered when...
23.       I love it when...
24.       It feels fantastic to be...
25.       I feel terrific when...
26.       I am so happy to be...
27.       I feel great joy now that...
28.       Every day I practice feeling...

To help you release past negatives:
29.      I choose to let go of...
30.      I freely release...
31.      I totally forgive...
32.      I lovingly liberate myself from...
33.      I willingly relinquish...
34.      Today I leave behind...
35.      I am calmly and confidently letting go of...
36.      I willingly and readily forgive...
37.      Today I say goodbye to...
38.      I lovingly release all feelings of...
39.      Today I let go of the need to...

To inspire positive action:
40.      Today I take deliberate steps to...
41.      I am taking positive action towards...
42.      Today I begin...
43.      Every day I am working on...
44.      Today I move closer to...
45.      I am creating...
46.      Every day I take actions to...
47.      It feels great to finally be...
48.      As of this moment, I am going to...

To increase your commitment level:
49.      I am totally committed to...
50.      I am completely dedicated to...
51.      I have a burning desire to...
52.      It is my greatest intention to...
53.      I make a pledge/vow to...
54.      I am now ready, willing, and able to...
55.      It is my resolute intention to...
56.      Every morning I renew my commitment to...

To strengthen your belief:
57.      I know that...
58.      I truly believe that...
59.      I totally accept that...
60.      I trust that...
61.      I have complete faith that...
62.      I know beyond all doubt that...
63.      I love knowing that...
64.      I expect that...

To emphasize positive progress:
65.      I am in the process of...
66.      It feels so good to finally be...
67.      Every day brings me closer to...
68.      Every day I am achieving greater...
69.      I am growing more...
70.      I am now moving towards...
71.      I take positive steps each day to...
72.      I am making steady progress towards...
73.      I am on my way to...

To increase your enthusiasm:
74.      I am fantastically happy about...
75.      I am so happy to be...
76.      Today I am directing all my enthusiasm towards...
77.      I am really excited about...
78.      Today I enthusiastically begin...
79.      I am absolutely thrilled to be...
80.      I love the exhilaration of...
81.      I can't wait to...

To help increase your determination:
82.    I have all the resolve I need to...
83.    Each day I work to become more...
84.    I am willing to do whatever it takes to...
85.    Nothing can stop me from...
86.    I am determined to...
87.    I have the power to...
88.    I hold steadily to...
89.    I relentlessly work towards...

To increase self-esteem:
90.    I am an excellent...
91.    I am becoming an expert on...
92.    Today I feel confident that...
93.    I possess an abundant supply of...
94.    I have all the qualities I need to...
95.    I have a knack for...
96.    I feel confident in my ability to...
97.    I am very proud of my...
98.    I am very proficient at...

To help you overcome fear:
99.        I have all the courage I need to...
100.    Today I move beyond...
101.    Today I boldly face...
102.    I choose to feel...
103.    Today I challenge my fear of...
104.    I have the courage to...
105.    Today I lovingly release my fear of...

To help you overcome negative habits:
106.     I have now conquered the habit of...
107.     Day by day I am gaining more control over...
108.     I am stronger than...
109.     I am finally free of...
110.     I easily let go of...
111.     I am learning to overcome...
112.     I have total control over...

Finding the time to work on goals:
113.     I am making time in my life to...
114.     I schedule time today for...
115.     I always have plenty of time to...
116.     I value myself enough to spend time daily...
117.     I organize my day so that...
118.     I now spend more time...
119.     I make time today to...
120.     Every day I plan time to...

To increase your motivation:
121.     I am incredibly motivated to...
122.     Today I make a start to...
123.     Today I take major steps towards...
124.     Today I motivate myself to...
125.     Today I am finally going to...
126.     Today I commit 30 minutes to...

To help you think positively:
127.     Today is a wonderful day because...
128.     Today I celebrate life because...
129.     I am so happy that...
130.     I am totally passionate about...
131.     I am the embodiment of...
132.     I feel incredibly positive about...
133.     I love the satisfaction I get from...

For expressing gratitude:
134.     I am so happy and grateful for...
135.     Every day I give thanks for...
136.     I am forever thankful that...
137.     I greatly appreciate...
138.     I am deeply grateful for...
139.     I feel very blessed to...
140.     I am extremely thankful for...



 

Follow

Affirm Your Life on Twitter
Affirm Your Life on Facebook
Affirm Your Life on Pinterest
Affirm Your Life on Google+
Affirm Your Life on Tumblr

About Me