Stop Killing Your Own Motivation





Just one screenshot from
the 2300+ pages in the new
Affirm Your Life App!












Naffirmations are motivation killers!


by




Negative affirmations, or Naffirmations, as I like to call them, are the absolute BEST way to kill motivation. It's virtually impossible to be motivated when you say or think the opposite.

This may seem too obvious to warrant saying, but unfortunately it happens all the time. How on earth can anyone expect to motivate themselves while saying words like:

I'm exhausted.
I don't have the energy.
I have too much to do.
I don't have the time.
I'm so far behind, I'll never get caught up.
I can't get motivated.
The phrase "I can't" is the most powerful force of negation in the human psyche.

Paul R Scheele







You can't get motivated if you're affirming the opposite. You will never motivate yourself by constantly repeating demotivating slogans. And yes, they do become slogans, and we all have our favorites. Mine is: "I have too much to do", which, whenever I catch myself saying it, I quickly replace with, "I can easily get this all done!" Most of the time that's all it takes and I'm off to the races.

Focusing on negatives does not inspire positive action. All it does is promote 'poor me' thinking - which keeps you feeling powerless, frustrated, and de-energized. Focusing on negatives doesn't make them go away. It makes them more powerful. And the more often you affirm them, the more powerful they become, until eventually, they are incorporated into your subconscious programming, where they are accepted as truth.

Affirmations motivate. Naffirmations demotivate.


 

Follow

Affirm Your Life on Twitter
Affirm Your Life on Facebook
Affirm Your Life on Pinterest
Affirm Your Life on Google+
Affirm Your Life on Tumblr

About Me